[K12OSN] sound and video on Amer TC500

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Nov 16 01:19:24 UTC 2004

Carl Keil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just bought a TC500 from Amer.com (as per here:
> http://k12ltsp.org/terminal_guide.html).  I have two configuration
> questions that I wonder if someone on the list can answer since I
> haven't gotten a response to my email to them.  I'm running K12LTSP
> 4.1 on the server.
>
> 1)  What do I have to set where to get audio working?  I'm a little at
> sea with the BIOS, dhcp.conf, lts.conf possibilities and all the
> "Sound Server/Mixer/device" options in Linux.
>
> 2)  Does anyone have any idea what settings to use in lts.conf to get
> video to work out of the S-video output of this thing?  Thin client ->
> TV would be awesome.  Should I forget about this?  I've never had much
> luck getting RedHat GUI to work on less than 800x600 screen resolution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ck

Carl,

Give Mark Wilhelm at Amer.com a buzz.  Just call their 1-800 number (I
forget it, but I think it's on their WWW site), and ask for him; he can
hook you up with the right support.  He might not know the specific
K12LTSP setting to tweak, but he can likely get folks on the like with
you who can tell you which driver to use.  Having met him, I know that
he's hungry to do business with schools.  Matter of fact, when they come
out with their switch firmware that fully supports GVRP, they may well
do business with mine.

--TP