[K12OSN] Indirect Queries and FC2

Scott Sherrill scott at hancock.k12.mi.us
Wed Nov 17 19:55:11 UTC 2004

A chin scratcher for me:

I use the chooser and have my users pick their server.  Students to
the student servers, and staff to the Win4Lin servers.

I just upgraded a server to FC2 and K12LTSP 4.1 (clean install). If
the client connects directly no problems.  The student can connect in
and use FC2.

If the client connects to the server first through the chooser
(either on another server or on the FC2 server) - it will not
connect.  I get a fatal crash on the client screen with a message:

Fatal server error: Caught singal 11.  Server aborting.....

xserver failed press <enter> to continue.

Any thoughts?  I can't see any other settings to adjust in gdm.conf
besides those under the XDMCP section....

Thanks.