[K12OSN] finding user passwords

bimal pandit bimalp at indoasian.com
Thu Nov 18 11:25:37 UTC 2004

Hmmm...

ok do as :-

1) open a terminal(as root or access root terminal)

2) chmod o-x /usr/bin/passwd (or where ever this executable file
locates)

now only "root" can execute this command

3) passwd <disgruntled student username>
change his password

from now he and other users except "root" wont be able to set password

hope this will help

bimal