[K12OSN] I can't get 1280x1024 resolution

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Nov 18 16:43:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just got a dell flat panel monitor for my TC500.  It's very fuzzy.  It
tells me that it's set at 1024x768 at 75 Hz but that 1280x1024 at 60Hz
would be preferable.  How do I set that I tried an X_MODE_0 line in
lts.conf with 1280x1024  60   and some other stuff.  (I tried about 10
variations of this line) and either x wouldn't start or it did with no
change to the resolutions.  When I look in XF86Config or xorg.conf I see
lines that say "1024x768" but nothing as high as what I'm striving for.  It
basically doesn't seem like setting my resution that high is an option the
way my settings are right now.  What's the proper way to implement this for
my system.  I'd like to start getting into tweaking my individual thin
clients for video and sound.

Thanks,

ck