[K12OSN] iptables and prerouting for squid

KJ ksj2010 at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 19 15:39:44 UTC 2004

Hi Cory,
I have managed to stop my clients from communicating, but unfortunately
it was with anything at all.  I took the eth0 out of the trusted devices
list, then I couldn't boot.

I stopped forwarding, however I can still get to the internet.

Here is the output of the requested commands:
----------------------
[root at LTSP root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:https[root at LTSP root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:https
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:2022
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited
[root at LTSP root]#

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:2022
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited
[root at LTSP root]#
--------------------------------------
[root at LTSP root]# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
REDIRECT   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:http redir ports 3128

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
[root at LTSP root]#

My system is accessible to the outside via SSH.

Thanks again for your help.
KJ