[K12OSN] FC3 & 4.2

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Nov 21 06:01:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Ascension Tech wrote:

> Hi all,
> I got it to boot, but none of them passes the check before
> partitioning though.  And the md5sums match up ok.

I was reading earlier that with FC3 it depends on how you burn the
discs on whether or not the check will work. Testing this is on
my todo list for tomorrow.

> I'm installing it
> on our newly assembled dual opteron server for kicks i guess.  How
> long  do these things usually take to be non-beta?  I'd love to use
> fc3 but I don't think  i can 'song and dance' for a week.

If you are happy with the current results, you could consider it "done".
There may be some small changes, but those will be picked up with the
updates.

Where I am focusing my attention/testing is on upgrades. The "official"
release will come after I feel comfortable that upgrades work as
expected. I hope to finish my testing tomorrow, then maybe sit on
it for a week to see if any problems are reported.

-Eric