[K12OSN] FC3 & 4.2

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Nov 21 07:54:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Ascension Tech wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I got it to boot, but none of them passes the check before
>> partitioning though.  And the md5sums match up ok.
>
> I was reading earlier that with FC3 it depends on how you burn the
> discs on whether or not the check will work. Testing this is on
> my todo list for tomorrow.

I happen to run across a couple posts on the fedora-devel list
about this. From the couple of posts that skimmed, it seems to
a problem with the 2.6 kernel & certain hardware combinations
that cause the media check to fail when it should not.

The two suggestions I saw were to "pad" (i.e. add -pad to
cdrecord) the discs when you burn them or to turn of DMA
and/or read-ahead off on your CD before running the media
check.

-Eric