[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 9, Issue 114

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Mon Nov 22 17:04:46 UTC 2004

Have you tried adding "acpi=off" to the kernel command line?

I had much the same problem, and was able to deal with it by using acpi=off. It was a particular laptop with some issues...

The 2.6 kernel (FC2+) manifested similar issues to yours- network card shows up, but does not successfully DHCP.

It's worth a try.

Angus Carr.