[K12OSN] OT:webcam software?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Nov 22 19:08:37 UTC 2004

This is off-topic:

What are people using for webcam software?  Eric, what did you use at the last
conference where you setup a webcam to update pics on a website once per minute
(if I recall correctly?)

I've got a neighbor who wants to put a camera and computer at his cabin up at
the lake (everyone has a cabin 'up north' in Minnesota) to point out the window
to take pictures of the weather, and then post them to a web server, preferably
on that same machine, which he can then view from him regular home via the
internet, just as a way to keep an eye on things (the computer up north would
have to have some sort of always-on connection, or send the pics to some other
accessible server--I haven't worked that part out yet).

Petre