[K12OSN] Dual Xeon server <= $2300.00

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Sat Nov 27 03:16:37 UTC 2004

Hello,

I found it to be quite a chore to weigh all the possibilities but I
think I came up with a good build. All opinions welcome.

I found the whole scsi raid subject a little confusing
hostraid vs non hostraid.

1 Tyan "S5350G2NR" E7320 Chipset Server Motherboard For Dual Intel XEON
CPU

2 Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz with EMT 64, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper
Threading Technology (active heatsink)

1 Fortron 550W EPS12V PSU, Supports Dual Xeon CPU, Model "FSP550-60PLN

4 Crucial 184-Pin 1GB DDR PC-2700

1  Adaptec 64-bit Ultra320 SCSI Card, Model "2060100"

2  Fujitsu 36.7GB 10,025RPM SCSI Hard Drive, Model MAP3367NP

1  Lian Li Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case, Model "PC-V1200B"

Complete details for two servers can be located here:

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1116068

John