[K12OSN] Adding Menus to K12LTSP 4.1 (aka FC2)

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Mon Nov 29 19:58:12 UTC 2004

Hey everyone!  I have a Thanksgiving treat for the list.    The menu
configuration for FC2 seems to be transitional....  as in they moved the
configuration and didn't document it for us yet.   The secret lies in
/etc/xdg/menus ....  Those are XML files that define the menu layouts
(and control what categories get picked on what menus, manual additions
to menus, etc).  I've got a basic menu added on my server.  I'll
probably be finished with it by the end of this week, but I wanted to go
ahead and let you know of the trick (I know how much frustration people
have been going through).

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School