[K12OSN] LTSP Teacher forums

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Nov 30 22:01:34 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 09:20 am, Huck wrote:
> good question...
> As I for one do not have the time to spend 'learning' how to utilize all
> of the various programs available with the installation...
> it would be good for teachers to have a forum of sorts where they can go
> to find out how something like the graphing program
> or the flash card maker program works...etc etc...

We wrestled with this and don't generally advise that our teachers join the
list.  It's not that it is not informative, but, as Jason said, there are
many with questions who do not administer the system.  We try to encourage
them to ask us in our hosef-managers lists, but this is hardly the solution
for a global audience.

I would eagerly join a teacher focused list.  Incidentally, the debian-edu
list wrestled with this and just recently started as less technical list.  We
would eagerly host such a forum, but I imagine that there are better options
like redhat.  If not, we are at your service in setting this up.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Director