[K12OSN] Web Site Authoring Suite

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Nov 1 19:42:27 UTC 2004

Hello all,
    One of the many hats I wear at my school is that of Webmaster.  In
the past I've always hand-coded the site in a text-editor, and that
works well for me.  But, I'd like to allow my teachers and student
organizations to create and maintain their own Web pages.  Since most of
them don't have any idea how to code in HTML, I'm looking for something
that will allow them to easily create and maintain their own pages with
little or no access to the actual code.  I've looked at PHPWebsite, but
I can't seem to make it work (I don't know how to get the MySQL database
working properly).  Can anyone here recommend something quick, clean and
easy?  Or, alternately can someone with experience offer some
suggestions as to how to get PHPWebsite to play nice?  It looks like a
fine solution, but my own ignorance is holding me back.  One again I
await your great wisdom.

--
C-ya,
Mark