[K12OSN] Can't launch Firefox

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Tue Nov 2 07:10:22 UTC 2004

Thanks guys, I got it working as per your advice. Running first as root.
Also, one more thing to add. I installed using the new RC1 regular
tarball. Just untared it to the directory. The firefox-installer/ dir is
created by running the installer based firefox download (it was
problematic). I don't recommend this one. Also, the sym link of firefox
as /usr/bin/mozilla did not work for some reason. It would just hang.
So I just made the file mozilla contain the simple script

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/firefox

As Martin Woolley suggested and it worked no problemo. Also, set the
default school proxy by editing firefox.js in the default dir including
the lines

pref("network.proxy.type",                  1);
pref("network.proxy.http",                  "put your school proxy here");
pref("network.proxy.http_port",             8080);

as Joe Guenther explained last month.

Thanks all for this wonderful list.

Robert Arkiletian