[K12OSN] Broadcast message

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Nov 2 16:27:56 UTC 2004

That's why you want to put a semi-colon at the end of the xmessage command, to
put it in the background so you can go on to sending the message to the next
workstation.

xmessage ... -display ws1:0 hello ;
xmessage ... -display ws2:0 hello ;
xmessage ... -display ws3:0 hello ;

Using 'xhost +' in Sessions or .profile is probably a bad idea.  Verify that
your server is at 192.168.0.254; or whatever address it does have, make sure
that's the address you put in the xhost command.

Petre