[K12OSN] Wish list summary verison 0.0.1

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Nov 4 08:28:27 UTC 2004

On Thursday 04 Nov 2004 12:55 am, Eric Harrison wrote:
> Here are the initial wish-list items. Keep'em coming!

One thing the teachers here would like is the ability to mirror one X session
onto a selcted number of other X sessions.  Let me explain.  The teacher runs
a thin client just as the classroom full of students do.  The teacher would
like to bring up say a ooimpress presentation on their session and have it
display on all of the students machines at the same time, so that the entrie
class can view the presentation. Currently they are using projects for this
but the teachers reckon they would get more attention if the lesson was
presented directly on the kids vdus.

If this could be made to work, which it probably could but I have no idea of
how, then the reverse could be done, ie the teacher could monitor one or more
vdus and take control of them if necessary
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation