[K12OSN] Apache

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 4 21:40:27 UTC 2004

> I thought it worked when accessed with the server IP number.
> Accessing by name isn't going to work without DNS support or
> putting the name in everyone's hosts file.

I reviewed the last few emails and refreshed my memory.  I am not sure
why the OSX machines work and the others don't, none of them should by
the machine name only.  If you aren't doing DNS for that machine then
you need to do like Les suggested and add local hosts files to all of
the machines, I think OS9 will handle this as well.  Whatever you have
in the hosts file needs to match the IP's and names used in your
httpd.conf or things won't work.  Otherwise just stick to IP access and
make bookmarks or links on all of the machines to it.

---