[K12OSN] NX client for LTSP WORKING!

Dennis Daniels ddaniels at magic.fr
Sun Nov 7 01:45:44 UTC 2004

Does NXserver make XDMCP chooser obsolete in any way?

We've spent the better part of the day trying to get XDMCP to play nice
with NFS on two LTSP 4.1 machines  ... my current single dual Xeon
machine on the network can't handle the load so we're looking to
increase servers via xdmcp... but if NX can reduce network load...? I'm
at a loss and I'm beginning to dread the cries, "The computers are too
slow!"

I tried to write up what we've done here:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/RecentEdits

NFS totally bombed. We had mounted the /home directory via NFS but
logging in via the xdmchooser left us without access to the user files
and many apps, in ICEwm, were borked.

Please advise

thank you
Dennis