[K12OSN] OpenMosix cluster

Dennis Daniels ddaniels at magic.fr
Sun Nov 7 03:16:30 UTC 2004

Using XDMCP chooser, though rarely discussed, stands to be a much better
solution for the low-budget folks... you can set up mutltiple servers on
the same network and have users access their folders via NFS. Now it
sounds great but FC2 /K12 4.1 has problems with XDM/KDM and GDM. Take a
look at the docs here and give it a shot... you might have more luck on
a slim budget with XDMCP than with mosix, thouhgh YMMV.
best of luck and report back!
dennis
ck out
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/RecentEdits