[K12OSN] high-end desktop machine as a server?

Dennis Daniels ddaniels at magic.fr
Sun Nov 7 16:12:07 UTC 2004

We have the same goals!

Go with ICEWM, stay away from Moz and don't let more than a few people
use OO at any one time. There are some docs on getting multiple servers
on the same network using XDMCP chooser and NFSing the home directories
but the docs are kind of old and thin. Getting low-end machines to act
as servers is cool but the (our) reality is hours of fidgeting with
small successes... have a look here:

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/RecentEdits

The real bugaboo is getting NFS to play nice...

I tried to doc the process as we worked through K12 4.1

best
Dennis