[K12OSN] high-end desktop machine as a server?

Bill Bardon bill at computassist.com
Sun Nov 7 23:12:35 UTC 2004

On Sunday, Nov 07 Rob Owens wrote:
> Would you recommend Firefox instead of Mozilla?  What about a
> lightweight alternative to OpenOffice?  Kwrite perhaps, for the simple
> stuff?  I realize OpenOffice is a heavyweight, but I like it because
> the kids can run it on their home computers, which will most likely be
> Windows machines.

AbiWord is a good open source word processor that is available for both
Linux and Windows. Not quite as MS-Ofiice-like as OpenOffice.

Check out the Open CD project at http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/. Lots of
open source software that runs on both Linux and Windows. You can burn
these and send them home with all your students (and teachers!)

--
Bill Bardon
COMPUTASSIST