[K12OSN] launch an application via php script?

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 22:35:29 UTC 2004

Hi - Thanks for the replies. What you all say about php being
server-side so can't activate local apps makes sense, so I tried a
different search, and found:

http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/%2Flaunchinie.asp
"...LaunchinIE ActiveX Control that will enable HTML pages to start
whatever application on the client's machine, without security warnings.
To ensure security, LaunchinIE needs to be carefully configured
client-side; due to this restriction it's only fit for intranet use."

But it seems like it's only for (ew!) internet explorer...

I'll keep looking though and reply with the solution when I find it.

Debbie

http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/