[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] When will Redhat's K12LTSP release iso's for x86-64?

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Nov 9 01:10:45 UTC 2004

1.)  Congrats!  I wish I could afford such a box.  Sadly, all I can do
right now are dual Athlons.

2.)  Remember that Opterons--for that matter, *all* AMD64 chips--will
support the 32-bit version of K12LTSP just fine.  Is there something
specific that you want/need to do that requires 64-bitness?

3.)  Another option would be to load the x86-64 version of any GNU/Linux
distro (FC3, SuSE, etc.) and install LTSP on it.  Though others on this
list may shout gloom and doom at the very notion of installing LTSP, I
can assure you, from experience, that it isn't very hard at all.  The
new LTSP installer, while I haven't yet given it a spin, looks like it
makes it even easier than before.

--TP