[K12OSN] Terminals with screen in power save do not come back to life with mouse / keyboard

Tom Atkins toma at organiccollege.com
Wed Nov 10 19:05:48 UTC 2004

Apologies if this has been answered before but I've searched and can't find
anything.

We have a default install of K12LTSP 4.1 installed with very few changes.
(I'm new to this and the lab has been up and running for about 3 weeks.)

When a terminal is left alone for more than 10 minutes the screen (monitor /
display) goes into power save mode.  I cannot get it to come out of power
save mode.  I have tried pressing buttons on the keyboards and mouse.  This
applies to all our terminals.  (The screen will come back to life OK on the
console of the screen plugged directly into the server by moving the mouse
or pressing the keyboard.)

Relevant info about our setup is:

K12LTSP 4.1
Terminals: IBM XL300's with 64mb RAM and Radeon 7000 PCI Graphics (2
terminals with different ATI graphics and they exhibit the same behaviour)
Screens: IBM 15" TFT's
PS2 mice and keyboards.

Many thanks if anyone can shed any light on this.  If it's not possible to
fix - how do I just increase the length of time before the screen's go into
power save mode?

TIA

Tom Atkins

Tom Atkins