[K12OSN] skolelinux

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Nov 10 23:37:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 16:49, John Baillie wrote:
> I ran a little test here on the ole' home lan. It's a nice turnkey
> solution if you are willing to go with their defaults. I completely
> understand why they have things sort of "locked down" as it would
> greatly reduce support. Their documentation is definitely heading in the
> right direction.

Someone mentioned it had ldap/samba and a user management GUI tool
that worked out of the box.  Is that correct, and can you tell if
it would likely work to run one of these to create the accounts
and home directories which you would NFS mount from k12ltsp servers
configured to authenticate against ldap?  Or - would the ldap server
configuration be easy to port?

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com