[K12OSN] wireless boot from hard disk

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Wed Nov 10 23:54:33 UTC 2004

I have that exact setup on one of my laptops.  I partioned it so that I had one 2mb DOS partion, and the rest was a linux install.  I installed a small linux distro on one side (Deli Linux) then instead of writing the wireless_ltsp image to a floppy, I wrote it to the 1st partion .  Then setup Smart Boot Manager to boot either Wireless_LTSP (hda1) or Linux (hda2).

I used Smart Boot Manager only because I use the machine to test various distros, so the hda2 gets rewritten all the time, but I did not want to have to mess with lilo or gurb all the time since I still use the machine as a thin client a lot of the time.