[K12OSN] skolelinux

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Nov 11 15:50:55 UTC 2004

The LTSP part is what I played with yesterday...
It seemed incredibly speedy for KDE...but then I was only 1 client and
plugged into the same switch as the server 1 meter away =)
I liked how they did the little quick-launch task bar with the
'OS/X-like' enlarging of the icon with mouseover...just looked slick as
hell!
and Koffice stuff opened much faster than OO...and response times seemed
incredibly speedy...

I'm afraid that's all I will have time to test until summer break though...
then WHO KNOWS =)...directory structure is slightly diff on the debian
based distro though.
and the default dhcp configuration I don't like...but *shrug* I'm not
complain'n, will just have to learn how to hack it the way I like if I'm
going to use it.

--Huck