[K12OSN] new K12LTSP 4.2.0 alpha build

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Nov 12 05:25:11 UTC 2004

I still have several major packages to add/update, but I made significant
progress in completing K12LTSP 4.2.0 today.

It is going to take me at least another two days to have another build
ready, so I uploaded today's work for you all to play with. I upgraded
gcompris, icewm, tuxtype, gtypist, scribus, blender, meld, ltsp_config,
and all of the initial FC3 patches. I *believe* the installer patches
are working as I expect, but still have some more testing to do there.
This build is based on the official FC3 ISOs.

I'm currently rebuilding the LTSP packages, and will see what portions
of the LTSP-by-the-Sea devel work I can easily incorporate this weekend.
Oh, and up2date & firefox still need to be rebuilt with the K12LTSP
defaults. If all continues to go well, I'll have a pre-release build
ready by Sunday.

Standard disclaimer: this is not a finished product. Do not use in a
production environment, yadda, yadda, and so on and so forth.

If you have a test environment, I'd love feedback on this build...

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.2.0alpha/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.2.0alpha/ .

If you already have the K12LTSP 4.2.0alpha installed, the apt/up2date/yum
repositories will have the latest-n-greated packages within the
hour.

-Eric