[K12OSN] Re: finding user passwords

Frank Samuelson fws4 at cdrh.fda.gov
Thu Nov 11 14:54:53 UTC 2004

Gary is correct.  Knowing a user's password is extraneous information.
If you have root you can access all his information and set
the password to whatever you want.  Who cares what the password is?
That's useless knowledge.

If he's using a password to encrypt certain files, then
you're just out of luck.