[K12OSN] new K12LTSP 4.2.0 alpha build

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Fri Nov 12 16:12:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 08:37, Shawn Powers wrote:
>
> > Sadly, I have to agree.  I have tried to love mutt.  I WANT to love
> > mutt...  But pine is just so blasted nice. :)
> >
> > (And here I sit using thunderbird...)
>
> I've always thought that pine had the worst user interface that it
> would be possible to design so I'm curious about why anyone would
> like it - or even use it if given a choice. But these days the way
> to handle mail is on an imap server with a GUI client program
> (thunderbird, evolution, kmail, balsa, etc.) running locally from one
> or more  locations.  You don't have to telnet to the server even if
> you like to move things around in different server-side folders.

Les,
	you are missing one point - some of us actually enjoy super-fast
text interface that works really, really well. Pine is very reliable, a
total no-brainer to set up and the user interface doesn't change from
release to release. I happen to like the interface for its simplicity and
I just don't want to waste time for moving graphics. What's more, it works
just fine as an IMAP client, like the other stuff you mention.
julius