[K12OSN] VNC &

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 12 17:38:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 08:35, John Hegarty wrote:

> VNC Query
> I have VNC installed on our windows pcs and they can access the server
> easily that way. However it only seems to allow 3 or 4 connections at
> any one time.

I don't see why that would be the case. What kind of error are you
getting?

However, if you want to run windows clients there are a couple of
alternatives.  One is the free Cygwin X version from
http://www.cygwin.com.  If you start it with 'Xwin -query server'
you will have exactly the same thing as a thin client.  Another is NX, a
low-bandwidth approach to X clients.   Someone posted links to an
RPM-packaged server and both windows and Linux clients to the list
recently.  This might be the best approach to large numbers of
windows clients and the client is easy to install.  If you can't
find that posting, I can dig it up for you.

---
 Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com