[K12OSN] VNC &

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 12 19:56:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 13:23, Petre Scheie wrote:
> It seems to me that Xvnc, launched via xinetd, consumes a significant amount of
> resources on the host, at least relative to a thin client.

It would be interesting to compare that to NX which does approximately
the same thing to see if it is more efficient.  Aside from the claimed
speed/bandwidth advantages, NX lets you decide from the client side
whether to completed end the session as you disconnect or leave it
running so you can continue when you re-connect.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com