[K12OSN] Linux cut off

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Sat Nov 13 07:45:42 UTC 2004

Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:

> You are not alone.  My district has the same attitude.  I've been
> sorely tempted a number of times to give up.  Richard Stallman's
> example is why I haven't; he's taken a lot more abuse than I have and
> probably most of us have.

I think we have all felt as though some people just don't get it. Some
people cannot understand/appreciate the ENORMOUS benefit of this
technology. Not just the money,  ease of admin, sense of community and
quality but the fundamental principle of "FREE SOFTWARE RIGHTS"  of the
GPL. Most people think "free" only pertains to money. WE (in this list)
are pioneers. It's not easy sometimes but it's worth it. We all know we
are doing something GOOD.  FOSS is a grass roots community movement. In
time things will change. Think long term. Don't forget that Linux/FOSS
is growing very rapidly in the rest of the world.  Weather they like it
or not FOSS projects like K12LTSP are the future of computing in
education.  It's just a matter of time.
Remember what Linus said:
"I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
unintentional side effect"

Robert Arkiletian