[K12OSN] ISOs for DVDs

Sat Nov 13 19:37:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 20:27, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 12:54, Henning Wangerin wrote:
>
> > Yah, but on a 128/256 or 128/512 that's not much fun!
>
> A handy trick is to have a laptop where you download
> the iso images into a directory that is exported via

Have been thinking of such a  solution, but haven't access to a laptop
at the moment ;-)

- but have a nice very small desktop (11x30x35cm HxWxD) så it's getting
very close to portable!
- and it's actually also my home K12LTSP-server.

> nfs.  Then you can download over your fastest connection
> and take it wherever you need it. Then you just need
> the 1st CD (which you should keep around for a 'rescue'
> boot anyway).   Answer the boot prompt with 'linux askmethod',
> pick nfs image, and point it to the directory where you
> put the images.

How do I set that up? Is just placing the isos at a shared location, or
do I need to mount the isos to subdirs in the shared location?