[K12OSN] ISOs for DVDs

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Nov 13 20:38:57 UTC 2004

Henning Wangerin wrote:

>>A handy trick is to have a laptop where you download
>>the iso images into a directory that is exported via
>>

>Have been thinking of such a  solution, but haven't access to a laptop
>at the moment ;-)
>
>- but have a nice very small desktop (11x30x35cm HxWxD) så it's getting
>very close to portable!
>- and it's actually also my home K12LTSP-server.

That's perfect for new installs because you also always have a DHCP
server even if you start
with nothing else on the network.   A laptop set up to demo k12ltsp
would be good also.

>> Answer the boot prompt with 'linux askmethod',
>>pick nfs image, and point it to the directory where you
>>put the images.
>>

>How do I set that up? Is just placing the isos at a shared location, or
>do I need to mount the isos to subdirs in the shared location?

There is no setup other than putting the *.iso images under a directory
that is exported via NFS.
The installer takes care of the magic needed to mount them.

---
   Les Mikesell
      les at futuresource.com