[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta build

Jack jackpal at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 23:01:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 20:22 -0800, Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Eric Harrison wrote:
>

> > I still have several major packages to add/update, but I made significant
> > progress in completing K12LTSP 4.2.0 today.
>
> I'm still not "done", but I'm close enough that I could ship what I have
> and not have to wear a bag over my head ;-)
>
> On my TODO list:
>
>   1. Upgrade/enhance teachertool
>   2. Default printer based on location
>   3. port the scripts from http://www.vol.org/vol/school/freedom/ltsp_scripts/
>   4. Full DansGuardian integration
>
> If you are familiar/maintain one-of-the-above, please drop me an email.
> I'm going to get as much of this done as possible this week, whatever
> I don't get done I'm just going to drop for this release. So the more
> help I have the better ;-)
>
> I have decided not to include NX support within the default install.
> It simply is not fully baked yet, and since it is easy to add on
> post-install I don't want to hold up a release for it.
>
> If you want to test NX, the packages will be in the K12LTSP 4.2.0
> repositories. You'll need the nx, freenx, and nx-ltsp packages.
>

> > If all continues to go well, I'll have a pre-release build
> > ready by Sunday.
>
> This is *close* to a pre-release. I am only halfway through the
> testing cycle, but so far everything is working fine. That said...
>
> > Standard disclaimer: this is not a finished product. Do not use in a
> > production environment, yadda, yadda, and so on and so forth.
>

> If you have a test environment, I'd love feedback on this build
>
>     ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.2.0alpha/
>     rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.2.0alpha/ .
>
> If you already have the K12LTSP 4.2.0alpha installed, the apt/up2date/yum
> repositories will have the latest-n-greated packages within the
> hour.
>
> -Eric

Eric,
 Here is my output from yum update:

---> Package db4.i386 0:4.3.21-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libdb_cxx-4.2.so for package: openoffice.org-
libs
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: missing dep: libdb_cxx-4.2.so for pkg openoffice.org-libs
[root at tserver ~]#

I installed the alpa last week as a clean installation not an upgrade if
that matters.

Jack
--
Jack <jackpal at cfl.rr.com>