[K12OSN] File Server Problem

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Nov 16 01:26:25 UTC 2004

Jennifer Waters wrote:

>I have made the changes and I can't get my thin client
>to connect. This is what it shows:
>
>Searching for server (DHCP)
>Me: 10.188.5.189, Server: 10.188.4.12, Gateway
>10.188.4.1
>error 1 (File not found)
>Unable to load file.
>sleep
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thank you for your help.
>
>Jennifer

1.)  Make sure that your DHCP scope and network mask is actually correct
for your network.  This is really important.

2.)  Make sure that the file vmlinuz-2.4.18-ltsp-1 .TFTP is really
there, and that it's really named that on your server in your
/tftpboot/lts directory.  The " .TFTP" concerns me.  On my server, the
file is named "vmlinuz-2.4.19-ltsp-1", with no " .TFTP" at the end of
it, both in my DHCP server's config and in the server's /tftpboot/lts
directory.  Can you also take a look at your DHCP server config to make
sure that the file names match in both places?  If they do, you might
consider getting rid of that " .TFTP" in both places anyway, since I
don't know if spaces in filenames are TFTP-friendly anyway.  They might
be, but I've just not tried it.

--TP