[K12OSN] iMac thin clients

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 04:37:02 UTC 2004

I'm working with a teacher who has a bunch of iMacs with 32MB of RAM
in her school.  She was pretty fired up about LTSP when seeing it run
with some OSX clients, but we had a pretty serious Linux geek spend
most of a day this weekend trying to get an iMac to run something that
would make X go and failed.  Is someone out there using iMacs running
Linux as thin clients.  The school doesn't have OS X, so that "easy"
option won't work.

It would seem like one should be able to make a boot CD and have it
boot off the network like a PeeCee, but I've not been successful in
figuring that out.

Thanks
--
Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville