[K12OSN] iMac thin clients

Bill Bardon bill at computassist.com
Tue Nov 16 04:53:50 UTC 2004

On Monday, Nov 15 Jay Pfaffman wrote:
> I'm working with a teacher who has a bunch of iMacs with 32MB of RAM
> in her school.  She was pretty fired up about LTSP when seeing it run
> with some OSX clients, but we had a pretty serious Linux geek spend
> most of a day this weekend trying to get an iMac to run something that
> would make X go and failed.  Is someone out there using iMacs running
> Linux as thin clients.  The school doesn't have OS X, so that "easy"
> option won't work.

There is a link to WeirdX in the K12LTSP FAQ.  It's a Java X server.  If
you can get Java and WeirdX to run in 32MB, it might work.  There's a
package for the Mac on the WeirdX page if you scroll down far enough.

On the other hand, since I know next to nothing about Macs, this might
just be hot air...

--
Bill Bardon
COMPUTASSIST