[K12OSN] iMac thin clients

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Nov 16 13:15:34 UTC 2004

Have you tried installing yellowdog linux, or the new mandrake ppc?  If
you can get the computer running linux and X, the rest is easy.

I've not gotten iMacs to netboot to LTSP yet -- but I do have a lab that
netboots MacOS9.1 from a linux server, so there is hope, just not quite yet.

I would try either yellowdog or mandrake, as they tend to be the easiest
to get running.  Once you have a good install, you can clone the drives,
so as not to install so many times.

-Shawn

PS. I'll happily help you with the final puzzle piece if you get linux
installed on the iMacs...

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director