[K12OSN] *INEXPENSIVE* mobo/cpu options?

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:27:31 UTC 2004

Richard (et al.):

I have come to LTSP with a background of selling used computers for 16
years.  Our primary line is the Dell Optiplex.  We like them since
they have lifetime tech support from Dell and are extremely
well-built, using the same components over long periods of time.

Since I haven't yet tackled the sound issue, I'd be interested in
sending someone a test unit who is familiar with sound to see how the
Optiplexes do in that regard.  I'm personally working on an Optiplex
P1-166 as my workstation for my home-office, and I use an Optiplex
small form factor 866 when I go out and do demonstrations.

Steve

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:03:59 -0700, Ben Nickell
<twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu> wrote:
> Richard K. Ingalls wrote:
>
> > <snip>
>
> > i may just buy  refurbished IBM NetVista's online: ...
> >
> > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1027007&sku=J156-2040
> >

> Has anyone tried these boxes with K12LTSP?  Do you know more details
> about the network, video, and sound?  The page doesn't mention specific
> chipset or drivers, so I may have to buy one to try it out.
>
> Ben

Steve Hargadon
916-652-8600 ext. 711