[K12OSN] TeacherTool && sound in IceWM

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Wed Nov 17 04:31:44 UTC 2004

Running 3.1.2 I had to install the following packages to satisfy
dependencies of Teachertool

tk
tix
tcl
itcl
tkinter

and finally teachertool

TeacherTool now works but I can't do the "watchteacher" feature where
you run a demo for the clients.
I am using icewm so I dug up some info from the list and changed
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM

xhost +192.168.0.254  #which is the ip of the server
. /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh

at the top of the file. But I still get

Xlib: connection to "ws107.ltsp:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

Error: Can't open display: ws107.ltsp:0.0

I actually was able to run a program on the client but "run vnc" button
did not work so I could not control it. It sure would be nice if there
were some docs that came with teachertool package. Also the teachertool
script refers to a passwd file in /usr/local/share but no such file exists.

By the way I can't get sound in the clients with nasd IF they log into
icewm but gnome works fine. I can't even run aumix under icewm. It says
"error opening mixer" I really like icewm so I want to fix this. And yes
I did follow the wiki as you see above.

Robert Arkiletian