[K12OSN] TeacherTool && sound in IceWM

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 13:50:02 UTC 2004

Ooops. At the very bottom of this, I pasted a copy of the email in the
thread that contains the link to the how-to written by David Trask. I
forwarded it to myself at work so that I could do it. I still haven't
managed to, but have plans with my counterpart at school on diving into
getting this to work on Friday. Hopefully someone will shed some light
on the problems Robert is having so that I'll have an easy go of it on
Friday, time permitting. We are using 4.1.0 so I'm not sure if we will
encounter the same, or more issues.

Rita Gibson
RMSEL Tech

Dennis Daniels wrote:

> Could you supply a link to this TeacherTool for reading? I'm intrigued :)
>
> dgd
>
> Robert Arkiletian wrote:
>
>> Running 3.1.2 I had to install the following packages to satisfy
>> dependencies of Teachertool
>>
>> tk
>> tix
>> tcl
>> itcl
>> tkinter
>>
>> and finally teachertool
>>
>> TeacherTool now works but I can't do the "watchteacher" feature where
>> you run a demo for the clients.
>> I am using icewm so I dug up some info from the list and changed
>> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM
>>
>> xhost +192.168.0.254  #which is the ip of the server
>> . /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh
>>
>> at the top of the file. But I still get

>> Xlib: connection to "ws107.ltsp:0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: No protocol specified
>>
>> Error: Can't open display: ws107.ltsp:0.0
>>
>> I actually was able to run a program on the client but "run vnc"
>> button did not work so I could not control it. It sure would be nice
>> if there were some docs that came with teachertool package. Also the
>> teachertool script refers to a passwd file in /usr/local/share but no
>> such file exists.
>>
>> By the way I can't get sound in the clients with nasd IF they log
>> into icewm but gnome works fine. I can't even run aumix under icewm.
>> It says "error opening mixer" I really like icewm so I want to fix
>> this. And yes I did follow the wiki as you see above.
>>
>> Robert Arkiletian

(HOWTO)

This is already possible with vncreflector....I know as I've done
it...here's the how-to  (it integrates with TeacherTool)
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/vncreflector/    file are in here.