[K12OSN] Linux cut off

Jason tuxnician at execulink.com
Thu Nov 18 03:16:47 UTC 2004

Hi Bob,

The idea has crossed my mind and it may happen during the winter.  We
had about 24 computers in one lab at a secondary school that were on a
LTSP.  We had a demo last year and the few that showed up enjoyed it.  I
also had another group look at it and some were interested.

I know that I could start a computer club at the secondary school for
students who want to try something different than Microsoft. I have a
quest speaker in mind that knows all about the situation and would be
very good at showing what Linux can do.

  The business teachers seemed convinced that M$ is the status-quo when
I think they should be exploring other operating systems.