[K12OSN] asterisk PBX

Paul Vittorino wiz8 at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 05:57:28 UTC 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Mark Orenstein wrote:

> Does anyone have experience using asterisk within a K12 school.  I'm
> investigating using it as a voice mail system for a small elementary
> school
> having 12 teachers.  The teachers would listen to their voice mail
> using
> their classroom PC; there are no phones within the classrooms.  It
> would
> supplement the existing 1989 vintage Merlin Plus system in the school
> which
> has only one phone available to the teachers.
You might take a look at Blue Lava Software. They have computers that
come preloaded with Asterisk and pre-configured for included SIP
phones. I just happened upon them in surfing.
http://www.bluelavasoftware.com/cgi-bin/edit/BLWeb/ProductInfo

If the cost must be kept to a minimum, then you could always set it up
yourself and use a few handsets if they weren't comfortable with using
their computer. At $65, they seem to be the cheapest I've seen for a
full fledged SIP phone.
http://voipstore.pulver.com/product_info.php?products_id=33

Paul