[K12OSN] iptables and prerouting for squid

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 19 16:06:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 09:39, KJ wrote:
> Hi Cory,
> I have managed to stop my clients from communicating, but unfortunately
> it was with anything at all.  I took the eth0 out of the trusted devices
> list, then I couldn't boot.
>
> I stopped forwarding, however I can still get to the internet.

Programs that appear to be running on the thin clients actually
run at the server with their X display appearing on the clients.
Thus reaching the internet does not require forwarding. If you
are trying to enforce access through a transparent squid you
should do it on a separate box 'upstream', that appears as the
default gateway to your server.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com