[K12OSN] Linux cut off

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Nov 19 20:09:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:58:53PM -0500, Access Systems wrote:
> go cold turkey and figure it out. desperation breeds many great solutions.
> the first few weeks/months can be "Trying" but it can work.  Now I would
> not really want anything that is on a windoze machine because I have it
> all on my current Linux machine(s)

Lists like this, and Linux User Groups, are great places to find out
what good alternative programs are out there.  Sure, you can go browse
Freshmeat and SourceForge, but there are 10s of 1000s of programs there,
and it's often overwhelming.

If you can just say: "I want to do X", and someone throws back "Try using Y",
it can be a lot quicker. ;)

-bill!