[K12OSN] wireless_ltsp on hard disk...howto?

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sun Nov 21 19:40:57 UTC 2004

Mikko,

Yes. I have done it a number of times.  I partitioned the HD into 4 peices.  I have 2 DOS partitions, one (50MB) for MS-DOS (so I can run some specific apps), and one (2MB) for the LTSP Wireless image. One Linux swap (64 MB) and then 1 linux (the rest) partition (for when I am away from the LTSP box).

I use SmartBootManager to manage the various boots.  This way I can also try different linux installs without having to redo lilo/grub every time.

Partion your drive the way you want it, install linux on one of them.  Then just boot into linux, and instead of writing the wireless_ltsp image to /dev/floppy write it to /dev/hda2 (or what ever you LTSP Wireless partition is).  I think you will need to format the partion first.