[K12OSN] Nautilus with generic icons under IceWM

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 22 03:56:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 k12osn at collinsoft.com wrote:

> Just set up my new K12LTSP 4.1.1 installation and I'm using IceWM instead
> of Gnome. I've got a small problem. I start up Nautilus with --no-desktop
> and --browser for the file manager, but all the icons come up generic. Any
> ideas on fixing it?
>
> Thanks!

Where ever you are running nautilus (K12LTSP uses /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM
by default), make sure that you call "/usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &"
before running nautilus. Such as:

 	/usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &
 	/usr/bin/nautilus --no-desktop --browser &

Let us know what you've changed and whether or not it worked...

-Eric