[K12OSN] new K12LTSP 4.2.0 alpha build

k12osn at collinsoft.com k12osn at collinsoft.com
Mon Nov 22 16:55:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 08:37, Shawn Powers wrote:
> I've always thought that pine had the worst user interface that it
> would be possible to design so I'm curious about why anyone would
> like it - or even use it if given a choice. But these days the way
> to handle mail is on an imap server with a GUI client program
> (thunderbird, evolution, kmail, balsa, etc.) running locally from one
> or more  locations.  You don't have to telnet to the server even if
> you like to move things around in different server-side folders.

I love using Pine, in fact, I'm using right now with imap. I can sort the
messages into threads just like Thunderbird and try to catch up with this
list :-). Once you learn all the keys it's a breeze to use (although I
sometimes mess up and use the keys from tin....)

Plus I like how I can use it anywhere I can get a ssh connections, and
it's really snappy even on dial up.

--
Ryan Collins
Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools